Quantopian's community platform is shutting down. Please read this post for more information and download your code.
Back to Community
Technical Analysis

Hello Guys,
Many years ago I attended technical analysis seminar. I always wanted to code and test all the indicators we used. Mainly the moving average using 5, 13, 26 day. The algo is using $AAPL which is anyway very bullish stock, my plan is to add many more indicators, I will make all the code available to community.

5 responses

just a very brief remark: in this case it would probably be more honest to use $AAPL as a benchmark. comparing your $AAPL MA strategy performance with the simple buy and hold $AAPL performance, it does not look that promising anymore ;-)

Thanks so much Ueli for reply, I learned a new dimension for backtesting. I see what you are saying about using $AAPL as benchmark. Yes, I would surely add some more indicators to make it tradable to my first written algo

Also there was a small bug which I fixed right now. Thanks

Hi Saurabh Purnaye, thanks for the contribution. Do you know if it is possible to do a similar algo but off the intraday chart? Say maybe the 5 minute intraday chart? Also what other indicators are you thinking of adding?

Hi
i dont know nothing about quantopian and python, im a financial advisor
is there any good and confirmed code?
sorry for my bad english