Quantopian's community platform is shutting down. Please read this post for more information and download your code.
Back to Community
Notebook 503 Service Error

Whenever I try to use the notebook recently, I have kept getting a 503 service error. Is there any reason why this has been happening lately?

7 responses

same here

Sorry about getting a 503 error when trying to access notebooks. This is a known issue we are actively working to resolve. Currently, the only fix is for our engineering group to manually reset your notebook environment on the backend. This has been done and you should be set to go.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience

Disclaimer

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by Quantopian. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. No information contained herein should be regarded as a suggestion to engage in or refrain from any investment-related course of action as none of Quantopian nor any of its affiliates is undertaking to provide investment advice, act as an adviser to any plan or entity subject to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, as amended, individual retirement account or individual retirement annuity, or give advice in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the materials presented herein. If you are an individual retirement or other investor, contact your financial advisor or other fiduciary unrelated to Quantopian about whether any given investment idea, strategy, product or service described herein may be appropriate for your circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. Quantopian makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances.

I have the same problem; how would I go about fixing it? Thanks.

@john tzu. Our engineering team reset your notebook environment and you too should be good to go. The issue has been narrowed down to some software updates which were recently made. We are still working on resolving it.

If the problems happens again please post here or contact support at [email protected] and the problem can be reset. It won't resolve itself.

Again, very sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there a pip/conda package for quantopian with all the APIs that one can use to write offline ( and not in the IDE / online platform ) ? That would save lot of time waiting for the 503 resolution to happen.
@Dan , I have dropped a mail to the ID you have given for the same issue that Iam facing on my login too - waiting for the resolution.

@Tom Tillo Our engineers reset your notebook container and you should be good to go. You should be set to go.

As far as working with Quantopian offline. The biggest issue with working 'offline' is that data cannot be exported from the Quantopian site. Other than the data fetch calls, the Quantopian notebook environment is pretty much straight python. One can write code but without data it may not be that useful? If one did want to work offline in notebooks, I would suggest looking at Google Colab. It's a free online Jupyter notebook environment all set and ready to go in a few clicks.

Thank you @Dan.