Quantopian's community platform is shutting down. Please read this post for more information and download your code.
Back to Community
Market Open +390?

I have a few ?'s about scheduling orders at open + 390:

• If I schedule orders for market open +390 I get orders filled at 9:31 using the back test, but at IB my orders get cancelled.

• Is there a way to specify that I want the IB orders to stay open overnight?
    (or) Is the earliest possible IB order at 9:32 using schedule open + 1?

• btw, scheduling for mkt close -0 causes an error, but it would be helpful if it worked the same as open + 390 because it knows about early closes...

Thanks!

Karl

2 responses

My understanding is that all Quantopian-originated IB orders are automatically cancelled after the market closes. I don't know if the cancellation is issued by Quantopian, or if all orders are submitted with instructions to cancel. For Robinhood, I don't if the orders persist overnight.

When backtesting, you have to add code to emulate this behavior. For whatever reason, Quantopian hasn't included the automatic cancellation in the backtester (perhaps because eventually they hope to eliminate it?).

Orders dont stay open overnight because Quantopian does not support GTC orders yet.

See the end of this discussion for more info: https://www.quantopian.com/posts/live-trading-concern