Quantopian's community platform is shutting down. Please read this post for more information and download your code.
Back to Community
Introducing 20+ New Data Feeds on Quantopian

Today, we're announcing the availability of many more data sources for your use inside Quantopian. We have brought together and are making available over twenty new data sets from three separate vendors (with new providers on the way!).

The data represents a wide range of potential signals for your algorithms.

These three early data partners only represent the start - we will add many more.

You have access to a free sample for each data set. If you like what you see, you can subscribe to the full version for a monthly fee. Each feed is priced separately so you can purchase just the data in which you're interested. All of the features and data you've used in the past continue to be free of charge: backtesting, research, live trading, market data, fundamental data and so much more. The only thing that has changed is that you now can tap into even more data.

We are able to make this data available to you due to the strength of this community. Because you are all gathered here in one place, these data providers are willing and able to make their product accessible natively on Quantopian. You don't have to worry about symbol mapping the data or importing it. We've dealt with the annoying plumbing. All you have to do is start using it to create your next strategy.

I've provided a simple example notebook using data from Estimize, EventVestor and Accern. View or clone that notebook to start right now. Or go check out quantopian.com/store to see the full listing of available data sets.

Thanks,
Josh

PS, if you have a particular data set or data vendor you think we should include in the platform, feel free to let me know.

Disclaimer

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by Quantopian. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. No information contained herein should be regarded as a suggestion to engage in or refrain from any investment-related course of action as none of Quantopian nor any of its affiliates is undertaking to provide investment advice, act as an adviser to any plan or entity subject to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, as amended, individual retirement account or individual retirement annuity, or give advice in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the materials presented herein. If you are an individual retirement or other investor, contact your financial advisor or other fiduciary unrelated to Quantopian about whether any given investment idea, strategy, product or service described herein may be appropriate for your circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. Quantopian makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances.

9 responses

I realized I goofed with the last cell and joined on the wrong date field. I've improved this notebook to join (more appropriately) on the asof_date column.

Enjoy!

awesome!

Thats great!

Way to go! Awesome!

Hey all,

We've been blown away by the interest in these new data feeds and the new API for delivering them . It's been great.

One bit of confusion that has caught folks -- right now, these feeds are only available for use in Quantopian Research. We're hard at work incorporating them for use in your strategies in the IDE, but they're not there yet.

In the meantime, we'll work to make the error messages and FAQ more explicit on this particular fact.

Thanks,
Josh

Josh,
What is the difference between Research and the IDE?

Thanks!

@Adam Research refers to the Quantopian research environment at quantopian.com/research. The IDE refers to the algorithmic trading backtesting environment at quantopian.com/algorithms.

Nice to see this rolled out.

What is the eta for the IDE? Would love to trade with this data

Hi Peter, thanks for your interest. We are actively working on including this data from the Store into the IDE right now. Software estimates are hard, but I expect it this month.